Let Us Help You

Emergency: [9-1-1]  Deaf (TTY): 613-966-3788

If your complaint is not about the conduct of a specific police officer, you may also complain to the Inspector General of Policing using the online complaints form.

The types of complaints the Inspector General has authority to handle include:

  • Complaints that a police service may not be providing adequate and effective policing, as defined in regulation.
  • Complaints that a police service, a police service board, or an organization that employs special constables has failed to comply with any other part of the Community Safety and Policing Act or its regulations.
  • Complaints about procedures established by Chiefs of Police.